Treatment of overeating
Overeating is an eating disorder resulting in excess weight.
Overeating is a problem that almost everyone has experienced. It causes unpleasant heaviness in the abdomen, excessive sleepiness and even insomnia. Excessive consumption of food often results in serious problems of the digestive system. For many, overeating is an everyday norm, to which you get used to and can no longer break out of this vicious circle. The only way to get rid of the problem is timely professional treatment.
Regular overeating threatens to stretch the stomach, slow down its motility, increase body weight and the amount of adipose tissue, which spoils the figure and stimulates the loss of healthy coordination.
Reasons of overeating
Most people who overeat have one of two problems: regular and episodic. Periodic overeating applies to almost all people, for example, when meeting certain holidays at the table – it does not pose a serious danger, you just have to limit yourself a little, understanding the consequences. In turn, regular overeating is a serious problem that can lead not only to heaviness in the stomach, drowsiness, but also to various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, obesity, and pathologies that can lead to death.
The main reasons of overeating include:
- Reduced sensitivity of the stomach to changes in the amount of food due to the ability to stretch. The reason for low sensitivity is the arrival of a feeling of satiety only 15-20 minutes after the start of eating;
- Thirst disguised as hunger. An organism that is in need of water makes a person feel hungry, which cannot be eliminated by eating even in large quantities;
- Psychological problems caused by various etiologies, including: regular stressful situations, mood swings, self-doubt, low self-esteem, and other psychological illnesses.
Start Your Treatment Today
Symptoms of overeating are traditional and can manifest themselves in several forms at once. If you find them, you should immediately contact a qualified doctor:
- Uncontrolled eating in most everyday situations: surfing the Internet, watching TV, listening to music, reading books, etc.;
- A sharp or systematic increase in mass, as well as its sharp fluctuations;
- Discomfort in the gastrointestinal tract, regular bloating, gas, recurrent pain;
- Disturbed sleep (insomnia or excessive sleepiness);
- The desire to absorb food even when there is no feeling of hunger, for example, in stressful situations.
Stages of overeating treatment in kyiv specialized clinic “MEDLUX”
Overeating is a serious problem that needs to be treated with medication and psychological methods. As a rule, treatment is aimed at eliminating the root cause of overeating and consists of two stages: diagnosis and therapy.
Diagnostics, based on the study of the patient’s history and understanding of his problems, allows you to determine the main cause of overeating: psychological, physiological.
Treatment of overeating due to physiological problems is carried out with medication, while the treatment of overeating due to psychological factors requires the active work of a psychologist who conducts treatment with psychological methods.
The cost of overeating treatment in Kyiv depends on the complexity of the disease and the range of services provided.
Make an appointment at the MEDLUX clinic and forget about overeating forever!