Transportation of patients with mental problems
Psychiatric clinic “MEDLUX” carries out transportation of mentally ill patients in Ukraine, to foreign countries, as well as from abroad. In the process of transportation, we strictly adhere to the rules for the transportation of such patients, which minimizes the risks that arise and makes transportation fast, comfortable and safe.
A significant part of patients with acute mental disorders need treatment for specialized and concomitant medical problems. The main cause of these problems is pathological behavior – patients harm their health on their own, and home treatment is ineffective. Therefore, patients are moved to a hospital where they undergo all the necessary procedures and treatment.
Transportation of mentally diseased people from abroad – features
Psychiatrist - narcologist
If the transportation of mentally ill patients in Ukraine does not provide for the registration of a large number of documents, then the transportation of such patients from abroad requires a specific approach. The main difficulty lies in the need to meet the requirements of international standards for the transportation of mentally ill patients.
Therefore, before starting the procedure, relatives are consulted by a psychiatrist, where the specialist tells all the features of the procedure for a particular patient.
In the case of transportation of a mentally ill person from abroad, a package of permitting documents is drawn up. Also, the patient is transferred only to a representative of a specialized clinic – he accompanies him along the entire route.
In what other cases is the transportation of patients with mental problems needed?
The transportation of mentally ill patients on specialized vehicles with escort, in addition to inpatient treatment in specialized or other medical institutions, may be necessary in the following cases:
- To undergo a forensic medical examination – if a person suffering from mental disorders cannot move independently;
- Domestic movement – if the patient needs to be transported from one place of residence to another, for example, from an apartment in one area of the city, to an apartment in another area of the city, from a house to a dacha, from a region to a city, etc.;
- Delivery to transport – performed when the patient needs to be moved from home or a specialized medical center to an airplane, train or other mode of transport for long-distance transportation;
- Appointment with the doctor – in cases when the patient needs to be taken to the doctor for a diagnostic examination or short medical treatment, including dental procedures.
In fact, the service is provided in any cases when a patient needs to be moved from one point to another, under the specialized supervision of medical staff.
Start Your Treatment Today
During transportation we provide:
- Punctuality – our specialists strictly adhere to the agreements, carry out boarding, transportation and disembarkation of patients within the agreed time frame. The administrator quickly processes requests for transportation;
- Personal approach – the delivery scheme is planned taking into account the individual characteristics of a particular patient, his medical indications and the wishes of his relatives. The team can consist of 2-3 people and a driver. The team may include: nurses, psychologists and psychiatrists. To travel abroad, doctors who are fluent in foreign languages are involved;
Psychiatrist of the highest category, psychotherapist
- Highly qualified specialists – all doctors involved in transportation in Ukraine and abroad are certified specialists who strictly follow the international rules for the delivery of such patients. If necessary, they provide qualified medical assistance to the transported patient;
- Legality – all actions of the doctors of our clinic are carried out in strict accordance with the current Ukrainian and international legislation. Compliance with the rules and laws is very important for the smooth transportation of patients with mental problems from abroad and across Ukraine.
Before performing the procedure, the patient receives a consultation from a psychotherapist (if necessary), and the relatives will learn all the details and stages of transportation.
The transportation of patients with such mental diseases is performed as:
- Bipolar disorder;
- Dementia (dementia);
- Depression of varying severity, including those accompanied by symptoms of a psychotic nature;
- Mild to moderate mania and hypomania;
- With a post-delirious state (after delirium tremens);
- Schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder (manifested as an exacerbation of mild to moderate psychosis).
In addition to the above mental illnesses, transportation may be carried out with some other mental disorders. The possibility of transportation is always determined by the specialist doctor.
Do you need help transporting a mentally ill person? Does it need to be delivered within Ukraine or from abroad? Contact the MEDLUX psychiatric clinic and get qualified help!