For the treatment of various diseases, improving health and increasing immunity, medicinal, surgical and physiotherapeutic methods are used, which provide a complex positive effect on all organs and systems of the body.
What is ozone therapy?
Ozone therapy belongs to the classic physiotherapy methods that allow you to maintain general physical health, increase the level of immunity, and also treat a number of diseases. The method has been known for more than half a century, but in Ukraine it became widespread only in the mid-80s. It is based on the use of ozone (a unique triatomic form of oxygen), which, after penetrating into the human body, forms ozonides and peroxides (bioactive substances), which have a whole range of positive properties.
The effect of ozone therapy lies in improving the blood flow in the capillaries, which means improving the delivery of oxygen to the cells of the body.
Methods of ozone therapy application
- Intravenous administration of ozonized saline. Such a mixture is unstable and disintegrates within 30 minutes, therefore, the ozone-oxygen mixture with saline is interfered with immediately before the intravenous procedure.
- Subcutaneous injections of ozone therapy are most often used in cosmetology for the treatment of stretch marks, cellulite reduction and resorption of fat deposits. Such sessions of ozone therapy for the face have also worked well for the treatment of acne (normalization of the sebaceous glands and antiseptic effect). By rejuvenating the cells and improving its microcirculation, wrinkles are smoothed.
Start Your Treatment Today
- In addition, injections of ozone therapy are used in the treatment of joints and ligaments, when an ozone mixture is injected into the affected area.
- Sessions of inhalation with an ozone-oxygen mixture are used in the treatment of diseases of the respiratory tract and ENT pathologies.
- Major autohemotherapy is a method of ozone treatment in which the patient’s blood is directly mixed with an ozone mixture. The composition of the mixture is selected individually for each patient, depending on the pathology and its characteristics. During this procedure, a 50-100 ml sample is taken from the patient in the ozone therapy clinic, venous blood, the latter is ozonized and slowly intravenously injected to the patient. This treatment involves several procedures. The course of ozone therapy in Kyiv includes 6-8 sessions.
- Ozone cocktails. Ozone-oxygen cocktails are used for diseases of the oral cavity and gastrointestinal tract.
There are also many types of external ozone therapy. These are ozone enemas, ozone rinsing and irrigation of the oral cavity, ozone vaginal baths, applications, and more.
Positive properties of ozone therapy:
- Promotes activation of oxygen metabolism in tissues, improves metabolism and blood microcirculation in organs;
- Increases the intensity of regenerative processes, accelerates the healing of wounds, scratches, and also helps to restore the affected internal organs;
- Increases the pain threshold, thereby having an analgesic effect;
- Has an antiseptic, bactericidal effect, has an antiviral effect by stimulating the immune system and increasing the body’s resistance to infection;
- Stops inflammatory processes, has been proven to reduce their intensity;
- Improves metabolism in cells, promotes metabolic processes, catalyzes the breakdown of adipose tissue, increases the tone and elasticity of muscle tissue. The use of ozone therapy for weight loss consists in its fat-burning, resorbing effect;
- It has a rejuvenating effect, promoting the regeneration of the skin and collagen with elastin in the skin, helps to smooth wrinkles, helps in the fight against stretch marks;
- Application of ozone therapy for hair: stimulates the regeneration and metabolism of hair follicles, prevents hair loss and dandruff;
- Helps remove free radicals, heavy metal salts from the body.
Due to the above properties, ozone therapy is used as a preventive and therapeutic procedure in various fields of modern medicine and cosmetology. It makes it possible to quickly stop pathological processes, restore and improve immunity, fight intoxication, including drug treatment.
Are there any harmful effects of ozone therapy?
In the studies conducted, there is no reliable data on the direct harm of ozone therapy, but there are several nuances.
The effect of ozone therapy is based on improving tissue microcirculation at the cellular level and stimulating the immune system. Unfortunately, in the presence of cancer, an improvement in oxygen delivery and an improvement in regenerative processes will also be in the lesion focus. When using ozone therapy, people with diabetes should take into account the level of glucose in the blood, since ozonation improves the utilization of glucose, which can lead to a decrease in its level in the blood. That is why it is so important to undergo ozone treatment only by qualified specialists who, at the first consultation, will determine your indications and contraindications.
Emergency doctor, psychiatrist-narcologist, ozone therapist. Head of the department
Indications for ozone therapy
Like other physiotherapeutic procedures that have a direct effect on tissues, organs and systems, ozone treatment has its own indications for the procedure, including:
- Respiratory system diseases: bronchial asthma, pulmonary tuberculosis, bronchitis;
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract: gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, various types of gastritis and colitis, chronic hepatitis;
- Various infectious and inflammatory processes associated with external factors and injuries;
- Diseases of the genitourinary system in men and women. This is prostatitis, cystitis, pyelonephritis, urethritis;
- The indication for treatment is the recovery and rehabilitation period for diseases of the cardiovascular system: ischemic heart disease, a history of myocardial infarction, arterial hypertension;
- Recovery and rehabilitation period for diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system: various types of strokes, migraines, neuroses, polyneuropathy, Alzheimer’s disease, discirculatory encephalopathy. Used in the treatment of insomnia, anxiety;
- In a comprehensive program of detoxification therapy, including alcohol and drug addiction, carbon monoxide poisoning, food poisoning;
- Treatment of burns of varying severity, trophic ulcers in diabetes mellitus and vascular atherosclerosis;
- Skin diseases: neurodermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, pyoderma, various types of lichen, acne, furunculosis, treatment of alopecia, stretch marks (stretch marks), lipodystrophy (cellulitis), scars and stigmas;
- Joint ozone therapy is used for diseases of the musculoskeletal system: arthrosis and arthritis, synovitis, during rehabilitation after fractures;
- Complex treatment of diabetes mellitus and its complications.
Despite the fact that this type of therapy has a huge range of applications and a wide range of indications, it is imperative to consult a doctor before the session, since this type of therapy also has contraindications.
Contraindications to ozone therapy
With a professional approach to the use of ozone, it is not capable of harming human health. However, as with any type of treatment, there are contraindications. The ozone therapy procedure is not recommended in a number of the following cases:
- Individual intolerance to ozone is an absolute contraindication for this procedure;
- Uncorrected hyperthyroidism;
- Acute period of any chronic disease. Before starting treatment, you should stop the exacerbation;
- Hemorrhagic stroke or acute myocardial infarction less than 6 months ago is a contraindication for ozone therapy;
- Diseases of the hematopoietic system and blood, hemophilia and problems with the blood coagulation system, bleeding of any etiology;
- Epilepsy and convulsive syndrome, high intracranial pressure;
- Acute psychoses during an exacerbation of any etiology;
- Oncological diseases.
Ozone therapy is a modern physiotherapeutic method, which in the hands of highly qualified specialists of our center in Kyiv allows you to quickly and qualitatively improve a person’s health and general physical condition.
Cost of ozone therapy – price in Kyiv
The cost of a course of ozone therapy in Kyiv will depend on several factors: the area of exposure, the duration of the sessions, the desired result and the number of sessions. Our clinic has a flexible system of discounts and package offers.
You can find out more information by calling our operator.